May 8 - the damaged USS Yorktown (CV-5) leaves the engagement area of the Battle of the Coral Sea (late in day)
May 27 - Yorktown arrives Pearl Harbor at 2:30 PM, and enters Dry Dock #1, and over 1400 yard workers come aboard
May 28 - Yorktown refloated and exits Dry Dock #1,
May 30 - Yorktown exits Pearl Harbor in the morning (with some number of yard workers still aboard) to take part in the Battle of Midway (Hornet and Enterprise had left on May 28)
June 1 - Yorktown refuels from AOs, and some yard workers leave Yorktown, but some remain
June 2 - Yorktown arrive Midway environs and rendezvous with other CV force
June 4 -- Yorktown would be hit by the first of the Japanese aviation bombs and torpedoes (though her -- and DD Hamman's -- final demise was from I-168 torpedoes).
The above is about all the info I have been able to find on USS Yorktown between when Coral Sea ended and when Midway began in the area of REPAIR. I am hoping folk will have info and sources that will help me fill in the following gaps:
1) What commo took place during Yorktown's return to PH from CS between the repair yard and on-board DC crew?
2) Did and pre-fab occur at PH based on info from Yorkltown while it was en route?
3) How many yard workers remained aboard at PH exit?
4) How many got off onto the AOs and how many remained?
5) Did any of the yard personnel write about this?
6) Besides welding patches over hull breaches, what repairs were made?
Thanks in advance!
(Q also posted in CV board area.)