Recent posts by: Flattop

Showing Results 1 to 20 of 20 (0.022 secs)

Last Indexed: 4-Sep-2015 12:14:32
Last Post: 4-Sep-2015 12:13:37

Results

Topic Title Forum Author
Re: Is John McCain a war hero? (reply)
nm
The Politics Of War

Flattop

24-Jul-2015 06:30:06
Re: Is John McCain a war hero? (reply)
It seems almost a cliche, but returning combat vets will often say that they are not heroes, and that the only heroes were those who didn't come home.The word "hero" has definitely been overused, but I can think of a few people who...
The Politics Of War

Flattop

24-Jul-2015 06:28:00
Re: Four Marines die in Chattanooga shooting (reply)
sergeante wrote:If we were serious about securing these facilities, we'd put bullet proof glass over the storefronts, actual vehicle resistant obstacles at gates, and provide rifle-armed, infantry trained Marines and soldiers for local...
The Politics Of War

Flattop

23-Jul-2015 18:10:10
Re: Iran-US nuke deal: aftermath etc (updated) (reply)
IcelofAngeln wrote:"Ah, the ultra rightwing racial antijewish brainfart" Yeah, that's why I support Israel so ardently- antisemitism. Pathetic clown.The embodiment of Godwin's Law.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law
The Politics Of War

Flattop

22-Jul-2015 19:04:08
Re: Trump vs McCain: A Clown Attacks a Veteran (reply)
I must be naive, because I have the silly notion that one can separate the military record of an individual from his political record.  I disagree with McCain on a lot of things, and this prevented me from voting for him in 2008, but I...
The Politics Of War

Flattop

22-Jul-2015 19:00:21
Re: Trump vs McCain: A Clown Attacks a Veteran (reply)
wingwiper wrote:Having served in the military does not automatically qualify one as a leader or a politician for that matter.  Having worn the uniform includes one in the brotherhood of service, however.  I opine that having served has...
The Politics Of War

Flattop

21-Jul-2015 20:21:49
Re: Trump vs McCain: A Clown Attacks a Veteran (reply)
Rebcop wrote:Then vote for Bush or McCain or Romney or some other RINO LOSER. It amazes me how getting someone that has a pair and speaks his mind will lose the election. the last two with politically correct wimps hasn't been exactly...
The Politics Of War

Flattop

21-Jul-2015 06:36:01
Re: Trump vs McCain: A Clown Attacks a Veteran (reply)
Trump isn't worth defense by any conservative:http://www.theblaze.com/contributions/to-trump-disciples-youre-embarrassing-conservatism-and-yourselves/
The Politics Of War

Flattop

20-Jul-2015 20:37:08
Re: Trump vs McCain: A Clown Attacks a Veteran (reply)
Kwajalein wrote:Flattop wrote:Kwajalein wrote:Despite my political loathing of McCain (held my nose in 08'), I have more respect for him than I do Trump (not that hot about him politically either). As much as I respect McCain for his...
The Politics Of War

Flattop

19-Jul-2015 22:14:39
Re: Trump vs McCain: A Clown Attacks a Veteran (reply)
Limemobber wrote:Did Trump attack the man or the record? He said he was not a hero for being a POW. Did McCain receive any more or less awards than other POWs? He refused early access, but he also broke and made a 'confession' of his...
The Politics Of War

Flattop

19-Jul-2015 22:13:02
Re: Trump vs McCain: A Clown Attacks a Veteran (reply)
Limemobber wrote:SMS12 wrote:Limemobber wrote:To be honest, Trump is right. McCain is a veteran, but saying he is a hero because he spent time as a POW is pretty weak. Not that I care since Johnny boy is a pathetic little RINO.Let's...
The Politics Of War

Flattop

19-Jul-2015 18:41:39
Re: Trump vs McCain: A Clown Attacks a Veteran (reply)
frontkampfer wrote:Some on left have ridiculed mCcain because he could not raise his arms due to the torture he endured yet there was no outrage over that. Wonder why trump's statement is beyond the pale but when the left does it the...
The Politics Of War

Flattop

19-Jul-2015 18:26:01
Re: Trump vs McCain: A Clown Attacks a Veteran (reply)
Kwajalein wrote:Despite my political loathing of McCain (held my nose in 08'), I have more respect for him than I do Trump (not that hot about him politically either). As much as I respect McCain for his military service, I could not...
The Politics Of War

Flattop

19-Jul-2015 18:24:02
Re: Trump vs McCain: A Clown Attacks a Veteran (reply)
Limemobber wrote:Jeneral28 wrote:Right better remind all Democrats and Republicans, no one is a war hero according to Limeobber.Being a POW does not automatically make you a hero. John McCain doesn't automatically get to be called a hero...
The Politics Of War

Flattop

19-Jul-2015 18:21:13
Re: Trump vs McCain: A Clown Attacks a Veteran (reply)
McCain is a veteran, but saying he is a hero because he spent time as a POW is pretty weak.It is true, we often go a little overboard when we call every combat veteran a hero.  Still, McCain did serve with a certain amount of...
The Politics Of War

Flattop

19-Jul-2015 00:10:01
Trump vs McCain: A Clown Attacks a Veteran (topic)
Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump slammed Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), a decorated Vietnam War veteran, on Saturday by saying McCain was not a war hero because he was captured by the North Vietnamese.  "He's not a war...
The Politics Of War

Flattop

18-Jul-2015 19:55:51
Re: Supremes say same sex couples may marry in all 50 states (reply)
What. A. Joke.
The Politics Of War

Flattop

6-Jul-2015 01:20:35
Re: Books we're reading  (reply)
Lords of the Sky: Fighter Pilots and Air Combat from the Red Baron to the F-16 by Dan HamptonHampton is a former fighter pilot, who flew Wild Weasel missions in his F-16CJ during the invasion of Iraq in 2003, and has written an...
The Politics Of War

Flattop

1-Jul-2015 19:15:52
Re: Supremes say same sex couples may marry in all 50 states (reply)
Mudfladdy wrote:1.) you attacked me 2.) If you don´t pay attention - no problem. But you have a problem with people who pay attention to a point you disagree with. For me this is the strangest kind of communication i had seen in my...
The Politics Of War

Flattop

30-Jun-2015 17:46:08
Re: Supremes say same sex couples may marry in all 50 states (reply)
Mudfladdy wrote:Flattop wrote:sergeante wrote: This, by the way, is what Flattop meant by the fallacy of composition -- you are asserting that just because black people were discriminated against based on something they couldn't escape,...
The Politics Of War

Flattop

29-Jun-2015 19:01:39